At Men Therapy Toronto the well-being of the partners and loved ones of our clients is at the heart of our treatment approach. If you suspect or are the partner of an individual suffering from a sexual addiction or porn addiction, we provided the following resources, which we hope proves helpful.
Betrayal Trauma is a significant breach of trust and violation of your vulnerability in a relationship with a partner. Betrayal Trauma can be a result of a partners infidelity/affairs, sexual addiction and porn addiction. This is trauma and profoundly overwhelming.
We’ve included information below from thought leaders in the understanding and treatment of betrayal trauma.
- Treating Trauma from Sexual Betrayal: The Essential Tools for Healing
- Mending A Shattered Heart
- Facing Heartbreak: Steps to Recovery for Partners of Sex Addicts
- Healing Betrayal: First Steps for Partners and Spouses of Sex and Pornography Addicts
- The Aftermath of Betrayal
Partner Support Group in Toronto
- S-Anon Partner Group – provides support for partners, family & friends of sex addicts.
A therapist may be a supportive resource to help you. An ideal therapist would be a Certified Sex Addiction Therapist (CSAT) who specializes in working with partners and in betrayal trauma.
Is my partner a sex addict?
The Sexual Addiction Screening Test (SAST) is a five-minute no-cost assessment created by the International Institute for Trauma and Addiction Professionals (IITAP) an individual can take to assess whether they may be dealing with a sex addiction.
I’d like to learn more about sex addiction.