I founded Men Therapy Toronto as a result of my personal life experiences which helped me to see with a starkness that quality care for men who are looking for help is not always easily available, accessible, or understood. It became clear to me that working with men in the area of mental health occasionally requires approaches that may be slightly different from what traditional therapy may offer. In addition, many men struggle in their relationships with other men (i.e. fathers, friends, co-workers), and as a result, sitting in front of a male therapist is often paramount to work through those issues and concerns. I am a trained therapist which implies that I have the aptitude and skill to do this work however I am constantly doing my own work to ensure that I can be the person and man I’ve always known I could be.
Eric Pierni, Registered Psychotherapist, Certified Sex Addiction Therapist, EMDR | Founder of Men Therapy Toronto
Credentials & Clinical Supervision
- Eric is a Registered Psychotherapist (Registration #005403) with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO)
- Eric is a Certified Sex Addiction Therapist (CSAT) with the IITAP
- Eric is a member (Registration # 5041-G) in good standing with The Ontario Association of Consultants, Counsellors, Psychometrists and Psychotherapists (OACCPP).
- Eric has completed over 4000 currency hours (defined as professional activities related to the practice of psychotherapy)
- Eric maintains Professional Liability Insurance coverage provided by McFarlan Rowlands Insurance.
- 12/10/2017 | Newstalk 1010 |Interview with Evan Solomon on Sex Addiction
- 21/08/2017 | AM 640 (Radio) | The Dating & Relationship Show – Men Therapy and Sexual Addiction
- 24/11/2016 | CTV Toronto | Focus on Men’s Mental Health
- 21/09/2016 | Men 101 | Men 101: Male Sex Addiction, Or Is It An Addiction?
- 01/10/2015 | The Record | Former Kijiji exec turns his attention to mental health
- 22/09/2015 | 570 News (Radio) | From Kijiji to WLS – personal observations on mental health in the high-tech world
- 15/09/2015 | Communitech News | Mental health in the tech sector: Former Kijiji exec, now a therapist, weighs in