Eric Pierni, MA, OACCPP – # 5041-G
Therapist | Founder of Men Therapy Toronto
I founded Men Therapy Toronto as a result of my personal life experiences which helped me to see with starkness that quality care for men who are looking for help is not always easily available, accessible or understood. It became clear to me that working with men in the area of mental health occasionally requires approaches that may be slightly different than traditional therapy may offer. In addition, many men struggle in their relationships with other men (i.e. father, friends, co-workers) and as a result sitting in front of a male therapist is often paramount to work through those issues and concerns. I am a trained therapist which implies that I have the aptitude and skill to do this work however I too am constantly doing my own work to ensure that I can be the person and man I’ve always known I could be.
I received my Masters in Psychotherapy from Wilfrid Laurier University in Waterloo, Ontario and am also the executive director of the Delton Glebe Counselling Centre whereby I manage the counselling centre which consists of 15 therapists, 1 psychologist, 1 family physician. I’ve invested most of my career working with men in group and individual settings. I’ve also done much work with men with issues of additions.
In addition to my MA, I hold a Bachelor of Commerce degree in marketing with an accomplished business background. I joined eBay Canada in 2002 as an original member of their marketing team and, in 2005, was part of the three-member team that launched the Kijiji online classified business in Canada. As a member of the founding team at Kijiji, I led the marketing and public relations team and later created the Kijiji Advertising Group. In 2009, the marketing industry publication Click! Weekly nominated me as one of Canada’s top online marketers for the year.
Membership & Clinical Supervision
- Eric is a member (Registration # 5041-G) in good standing with The Ontario Association of Consultants, Counsellors, Psychometrists and Psychotherapists (OACCPP).
- Eric is currently in registration process (March 2017 expected) for obtaining his Registered Psychotherapist (RP) status from the newly formed College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO)
- Eric receives weekly clinical supervision from Gary Duim MSW, RSW (# 802792)
- Eric has completed over 2500 currency hours (defined as professional activities related to the practice of psychotherapy)
- Eric maintains Professional Liability Insurance coverage provided by McFarlan Rowlands Insurance.
- 24/11/2016 | CTV Toronto | Focus on Men’s Mental Health
- 21/09/2016 | Men 101 | Men 101: Male Sex Addiction, Or Is It An Addiction?
- 01/10/2015 | The Record | Former Kijiji exec turns his attention to mental health
- 22/09/2015 | 570 News (Radio) | From Kijiji to WLS – personal observations on mental health in the high-tech world
- 15/09/2015 | Communitech News | Mental health in the tech sector: Former Kijiji exec, now a therapist, weighs in